'69 convertible on e-bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'69 convertible on e-bay

Does anyone know this car or anything about it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/american-f...UAAOSwNRdX2oS5

I'm quite interested if it's worth a look and the price is right.

Mick.
    . Cars, photos, wine. What else is there?

I think this car was at Goodwood Revival being sold by a Yank dealer in the Over the Road area by the car park.
    I looked at this car or one just like it they also had a couple of real nice Falcons.
    It was in reasonable condition quite basic and the paint looked quite flat but that's just my opinion.
    Quite rare 70 Verts these days. Hope you find a good one!
    sigpic
    1965 Mustang GT 350 Race Car
    Previously 1969 Mach 1 DLP 3J
    and PRO 889L

Comment

Looks good in the photo's, great looking colour too. wonder what the reserve is? Electric windows were not a Mustang option until 1971, so must be after-market
      Paul

2003 GT Convertible - Sonic Blue & 2013 GT Convertible - Deep Impact Blue
      2006 Viper SRT10 Coupe - GTS Blue/White First edition #146 of 200

Mustangs gone but not forgotten

70 351-4v Mach 1........72 351-2v convertible........94 GT convertible........05 GT convertible

Comment

If this car was the one at Goodwiod is was a fright pig

I actually showed it to my dad and tore it apart

One view of the latch area of the passenger door and you will stop looking

It had written in the windscreen something like "deal of the day"
        Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
        We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang View Post
          If this car was the one at Goodwiod is was a fright pig

I actually showed it to my dad and tore it apart

One view of the latch area of the passenger door and you will stop looking

It had written in the windscreen something like "deal of the day"
          What did you consider was wrong with it Pete? As a dealer it sounds as if you're shooting down the opposition! The seller never stated that the car was perfect, and if the car needs a bit of welding, whatever, what's a few days' work when the car's priced accordingly? Just my tup'pence worth.....

Comment

Originally posted by johnny99 View Post
            What did you consider was wrong with it Pete? As a dealer it sounds as if you're shooting down the opposition! The seller never stated that the car was perfect, and if the car needs a bit of welding, whatever, what's a few days' work when the car's priced accordingly? Just my tup'pence worth.....
            I have driven car, drives very well ,runs great engine bay very tidy

Comment

Thanks to all

Lawman 429: Thanks for the information

sonicbloo: Bidding ended at 12,100, reserve not met, so watch this space. Good info about the windows, thanks for that.

pmustang: Did you have any real concerns Pete? Or would there be a "right price" based on what you saw? Even pigs have a value!

johnny99: Thaks for the input.

57 stu: All sounds positive . . . . . . if the price is right. Thanks for the feedback.

As the listing ended without reaching it's reserve, I'll give it a couple of days to see if it reappears, or I'll give the vendor a call.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in.
              Last edited by mick the hat; 18-09-2016, 06:00 PM. Reason: Noticed some typo's!

Comment

It's funny. I almost never Comment on cars for sale negatively
                for just the reason above. I was actually
                Going to delete it right after posting it but didn't.

Not having a go at your comment as I do realize how it looks

I will say I have no 69/70 cars for sale so not in competition nor do I ever try and swipe business. I hope my Stock and reputation speaks for itself

Passenger door was flaring out quite significantly at the bottom and the top of the door gap was much tighter at the top then the bottom. It's a convertible
                So make up your own mind what that means

I will refrain from commenting on cars in the future

Cheers. Peter
                Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Cheers. Peter
                  Peter, please dont stop, I for one trust your judgement, otherwise I would not have bought from you and I know what to look for.
                  Chris
                  sigpic
                  Mind if I adjust your shift stick?

Comment

It's funny. I almost never Comment on cars for sale negatively
                    for just the reason above. I was actually
                    Going to delete it right after posting it but didn't.

Not having a go at your comment as I do realize how it looks

I will say I have no 69/70 cars for sale so not in competition nor do I ever try and swipe business. I hope my Stock and reputation speaks for itself

Passenger door was flaring out quite significantly at the bottom and the top of the door gap was much tighter at the top then the bottom. It's a convertible
                    So make up your own mind what that means

Cheers. Peter
                    Hi Pete, I echo the comment above re: your views. I too, value your input which is why I asked you for further detail. I would not disrespect your opinion. Thanks again for your input. Invaluable as always.
                    Regards
                    Mick.

Comment

Mustang

Thats great comments guys...was my car up to a month ago...imported it...sold it...took back in a deal, and sold again to guy on ebay, hence a few of my pics.
                      Peter should know as couple of the pics he used were mine, and in my back yard area....not a bad car...was no flat paint when i had, but i wanted 10,995 for it...ran superb...no power windows, so dont know why he put that....detailed engine bay...but not my problem now guys....thx
                      sigpic
                      69 MACH 1 351/4V AUTO
                      69 428 COBRAJET 4-SPEED (SOLD)
                      69 GT500 AUTO (SOLD

Comment

Gt500 clone

[QUOTE=GT500 CLONE;698817]Thats great comments guys...was my car up to a month ago...imported it...sold it...took back in a deal, and sold again to guy on ebay, hence a few of my pics.

Pete, you have a PM.
                        Regards,
                        Mick.

Comment

I`ve been looking for a nice Fox for some time now, and every time I require information, Peter and Alan (blacktop) are always very kind to give SOUND advice. It is greatly appreciated and has saved me a few grand to boot! Thank you both and please keep sharing your knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by manxie View Post
                            I`ve been looking for a nice Fox for some time now, and every time I require information, Peter and Alan (blacktop) are always very kind to give SOUND advice. It is greatly appreciated and has saved me a few grand to boot! Thank you both and please keep sharing your knowledge
                            Ditto the above. This exactly why you should keep posting Peter. People don't have to agree with you but your knowledge is worth you posting. If it helps save one making a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by mgcobra View Post
                              Ditto the above. This exactly why you should keep posting Peter. People don't have to agree with you but your knowledge is worth you posting. If it helps save one making a mistake.
                              Totally agree John, having watched Pete appraise my friend's car on Saturday his knowledge of early mustangs was impressive....and all for nothing more than a Thank You. Says it all really.
                              2011 3.7 V6 Premium Convertible
                              1965 289 V8 Coupe

Kent Area Secretary

Comment

Working...
                              X