Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'68 fastback for sale, need help uploading pics here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'68 fastback for sale, need help uploading pics here.

Hi all, I'm selling one of my 2 '68 fbs. have plenty of pics but need the help of Stephen Hawking to upload pics here these days! If I email someone the pictures, is there any way they could be added to my post please? If not, feel free to email me at jaheadley@hotmail.co.uk for pics. Or 07966 380367 for further info. Or I could What's App pics too.... STOP PRESS! Steve has kindly uploaded some pics for me, scroll down for images. Thanks.

A bit about the car. It was imported about 5 months ago with the intention of rebuilding and restoring it, then I found a 33,800 original miles car that was much nearer to the car I eventually want to own, so I shipped that over too, both courtesy of Ron Fenton at STS imports. I have the NOVA for the car, the US log book and Marti report for the car.

The car is a 302 with 3 speed (C4) auto transmission. Drum brakes all round, and the p/s has been unhooked and I haven't put it back, needs a new pump and reservoir, which I have and will go with the car.

I spent 1200 on a new black interior for the front seats, and back fold down seat covers, they have been fitted along with a new carpet. New shifter and cover. All of the rear fastback trim pieces were removed and repainted/refitted. The headlining is in great condition, all seat belts are in and work perfectly. A further 1000 went on 4 new 15 inch chrome Magnum 500 wheels with pony centre caps, and BF Goodrich raised white letter tyres fitted to car. They've done no miles. The rear end has been rebuilt, all parts courtesy of my friend Adam at Mustang Maniac, new 5 leaf Shelby springs, new U bolts, shackles, rear shocks, plates. The half shafts were replaced and the diff serviced. The rear drums are rebuilt, new wheel cylinders and shoes. The torque boxes were repaired and any rust beneath the car was removed and then welded correctly. The underside of the car including the wheel arches and diff axle (8") have been painted and look great.

The car has both new bumpers, one in a box and the rear one is fitted, choice of stock or billet grilles, (the stock one is in perfect shape with GT fog lamps attached, the billet one is brand new). Car has new rear GT valance and reverse lights and a new trunklid. Also included and fitted are new interior fb side panels (350) New courtesy lights, rear fb screen moulding. new exterior door handles come with the car but are not fitted. Dash top is in excellent shape, I have replaced the dash front parts, but not fitted the new 'camera case' gauge bezel that will come with the car. It was originally a console car.

In parts and labour, I have over 5000 in this car, plus 3000 shipping, duties, transportation costs, etc.

The car is virtually rust free, the car needs a bit of alignment/fettling which it would prior to paint anyway. Definitely needs paint, the old paint is blue and patchy now, but the body is virtually rust free. The car was originally gold. The car runs and idles, but needs tuning. It stops fine. Good compression. Holley 650 carb/4 barrel intake.Transmission shifts fine. The windscreen needs replacing (I'll throw one in at the asking price) all the rest of the glass is intact. This car is still a project, but is well underway, solid floor pans and frame rails, drop offs and a nice trunk area.

Good coupes are now fetching over 20k these days and fbs are going through the roof, this is one of the poster boys for Ford, a '68, and these cars are rarer and rarer to find in the Uk at project stage. YOU have a choice as to the final colour. Thanks for reading.

Price 24,500 ovno.
    Last edited by johnny99; 26-09-2017, 03:28 PM.

Goddamnit why does such a car come up when I've got nowhere to put it...

M.
    2005 GT 4.6, 2007 GT500, 2013 GT500 (present car).
    3mustangs by Malc May, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStang View Post
      Goddamnit why does such a car come up when I've got nowhere to put it...

M.
      Hi Malc, I've got a spare garage for the next 3 months mate, gives you time to find a permanent home for it! I've sold my grey '66 convertible too. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by johnny99 View Post
        Hi Malc, I've got a spare garage for the next 3 months mate, gives you time to find a permanent home for it! I've sold my grey '66 convertible too. :-)
        Thanks Johnny, I've got to find a permanent home for me first!

Malc
        2005 GT 4.6, 2007 GT500, 2013 GT500 (present car).
        3mustangs by Malc May, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStang View Post
          Thanks Johnny, I've got to find a permanent home for me first!

Malc
          I've got plenty of spare cardboard boxes if you're really stuck mate!;))

Comment

More to follow

Editor Round Up
            2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 6.4 Hemi Yellow Jacket
            2011 ROUSH Stage 2 Mustang
            1964.5 Vintage Burgundy 164hp 260ci V8 Convertible

Comment

Pics....

Thanks for posting my pics mate. I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to technology!

Comment

Tweety bird says....cheep cheep

Nice
                Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Originally posted by johnny99 View Post
                  Thanks for posting my pics mate. I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to technology!

Yes you are not wrong there...!! The forum was talking about improving the website...but gave up on that,
                  that was 3 years ago..! I am on loads of forums..and this is one of the worst for images.. but thats boring..been moaned at time and time again.....(%)

See this thread...Steve done a good job of making it easy to upload yr pics..Lol..!!

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthr...to-post-photos

GLWS..$-)
                  Last edited by snap on pete; 26-09-2017, 05:09 PM.
                  S550GT Grabber Blue 2018 Auto...:D
                  1950 Shoebox Custom Hot Rod
                  1967 Camaro SS 350
                  1967 Mustang Fastback 302
                  2005 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by snap on pete View Post
                    Yes you are not wrong there...!! The forum was talking about improving the website...but gave up on that,
                    that was 3 years ago..! I am on loads of forums..and this is one of the worst for images.. but thats boring..been moaned at time and time again.....(%)

See this thread...Steve done a good job of making it easy to upload yr pics..Lol..!!

https://www.mocgb.net/forums/showthr...to-post-photos

GLWS..$-)
                    Thanks mate, I go to plenty of shows, meets, etc, and know quite a few MOCGB members who have given up posting pics here. Make something a long drawn out process and people won't bother. I wonder if the number of pics posted has noticeably decreased under the new system, if it has, then there's the answer.... Rant over!:-@

Comment

Originally posted by pmustang
                      I hate the process for what its worth. At home I can do a live link from Imgur on the IMac but on the road Imgur doesn't give a choice for a live website link on a Sumsung phone or tablet
                      Cheers Peter
                      Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
                      We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Comment

Photos

Editor Round Up

Comment

More Photos

Editor Round Up

Comment

Nice car and a bargain for someone.
                            Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Comment

Ugh, if only I had the money right now!

Unless you're interested in a 289 68 Coupe swap ;;)

Comment

Working...
                              X