1969 Boss 429, a real one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1969 Boss 429, a real one

Must be a '69. Not after a fully restored show queen, just a nice driver/survivor car.
    Yes I know, not exactly common, I have enquiries ongoing on 3 continents at the moment, so anybody know of one for sale, possibly be for sale?
    Thanks

Martin

hello there....you will not find one in the uk for sale...think there are a couple here...look in the states/europe, but a driver car will set you back around £150-200k....you are after one of the rarest mustangs ever built....good luck
    sigpic
    69 MACH 1 351/4V AUTO
    69 428 COBRAJET 4-SPEED (SOLD)
    69 GT500 AUTO (SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 CLONE View Post
      hello there....you will not find one in the uk for sale...think there are a couple here...look in the states/europe, but a driver car will set you back around £150-200k....you are after one of the rarest mustangs ever built....good luck
      Thanks, I am well aware of the pricing, I unfortunately was 6 months too late on one for sale in Europe last year, it took several months to sell, asking price was $160k, I don't know what it sold for.
      If you knew what turns up in the UK and whats still hidden away you wouldn't say that about the UK, I've been around American cars in the UK for 40 years and know of more than a few that vanished 30 years ago, still tucked up somewhere, no Boss 429's! but who knows, as you say, USA it will probably be.
      Last edited by MartinD; 10-03-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinD View Post

Thanks, I am well aware of the pricing, I unfortunately was 6 months too late on one for sale in Europe last year, it took several months to sell, asking price was $160k, I don't know what it sold for.
        If you knew what turns up in the UK and whats still hidden away you wouldn't say that about the UK, I've been around American cars in the UK for 40 years and know of more than a few that vanished 30 years ago, still tucked up somewhere, no Boss 429's! but who knows, as you say, USA it will probably be.
        Hi, Martin,
        Don't know if this will help, but might give you a lead.....been around US cars also like yourself, can remember interesting cars going back 45 years as grew up with/around them. To my knowledge, only ever known of 2 Boss 429 in the UK. One was sold at a Sothebys auction in Ayreshire, you may have heard of it, would have been 1987/88. I attended the auction with my dad, we were under bidders on a 426 Hemi Charger, don't ask the price!! It was a collection of cars being sold from an estate, the Boss Mustang was a Black Jade 69 Boss 429, all original and beautiful/unspoilt. Car went to Carlisle. The new owner was a director of Carlisle football club. He also had another boss 429, which was in Yorkshire for quite some time having a replacement engine fitted, I think this was a 428/9 Cobra jet motor and not another Boss engine. These are the only 2 cars I know of in the UK, they were both sold on.The Black Jade car I believe was sold and last I heard it was owned by one of the race circuit owners, may have been Goodwood but not sure on this 100%. People thought the car was extortionate, which it was at the time, selling for £11k or £12k. But that was then! A month ago in the states, Barrett Jackson, there were 2 or 3, sold above $300k. Paul.
        Last edited by INDY 500; 10-03-2019, 02:50 PM.

Comment

hello martin/paul....the black jade car was the car owned about 10 years ago by john burgess in cornwall...the shelby guy, but john passed away, and the car was sold on their behalf by bill shepherd mustang about 6-7 years ago...it was asking £130k at the time...car was sold but think it went abroad.
          i know of a grabber blue 70 car in uk owned by a mates mate...he owned about 40 years with a collection of hemi engine cars...its not for sale...not been used for years, and stored away...its a shame he not used/stored away with many rare cars, but he not silly and knows its value, but maybe one day it will surface as owner in his 70s now
          pics of car sitting next to his rare one off jensen fff
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GT500 CLONE; 12-03-2019, 07:32 PM.
          sigpic
          69 MACH 1 351/4V AUTO
          69 428 COBRAJET 4-SPEED (SOLD)
          69 GT500 AUTO (SOLD

Comment

I remember back in 2000 or so a grabber green Boss 429 (must have been a 1970) that showed up at the Billing show. It was by all accounts a horrific example. It had a wedge 429 motor. A 10 point roll cage at least. Quite a lot of rust and modifications. It would have needed a complete and utter restoration and missing the high dollar engine, likely not worth the expense for mere mortals. I did look and it had the Vin tag with a Z engine code and also the Car Krafters tag in the door jam. I went back to the states in 2001 and never saw or heard of it again.
            Last edited by MeZapU; 12-03-2019, 09:04 PM.
            Black 1985 GT, 408w, high 10's
            Red 1988 Coupe, 5.0, Survivor car
            Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1
            Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
            White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Comment

Know of a pretty 428CJet `69 Mach One if it floats yer boat...over in USA.. chaps looking for around $50k
              S550GT Grabber Blue 2018 Auto...:D
              1950 Shoebox Custom Hot Rod
              1967 Camaro SS 350
              1967 Mustang Fastback 302
              2005 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

You could always contact these people in Holland, they always have a steady flow of cars coming in.

​​​​​​http://www.geevers.nl/en/inventory

Comment

x prohibited[?]Posted 20 days ago
                  this is for sale on craiglist chigago

MUSCLE CAR COLLECTOR 1970 BOSS 429 - $385000 (LISLE, il)

image 4 of 5

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

1970 MUSTANG BOSS 429
                  condition: like new
                  cylinders: 8 cylinders
                  drive: rwd
                  fuel: gas
                  title status: clean
                  transmission: manual

1970 BOSS 429 MUSTANG COLLECTOR CAR! ICONIC, RAREST COLOR, JUDGING SHEETS, CERTIFIED ORIGINAL DRIVE TRAIN; MUSCLE CAR AND CORVETTE NATIONALS GOLD WINNER CONCOURSE STOCK 987 POINTS OUT OF 1000
                  CAR IS TRAILER QUEEN SHOWROOM CONDITION AND HAS ALL DOCUMENTS
                  YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL ME FOR MORE INFORMATION AND PRIVATE PHOTOS $385,000. IF YOU ARE A SERIOUS BOSS 9 BUYER, YOU WON'T BE WASTING YOUR TIME!!!
                  May consider trade?
                  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Comment

OP stated ' Must be a '69' in the opening line of his post.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi, I have been looking in USA for 69 Mach 1 parts/cars. This advert currently on Craigslist Oklahoma. Might be of interest to you.
                      https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...831321492.html

Comment

I just love that 'Z' in the Vin. Has a feeling of Armageddon about it.
                        Cheers, Martin
                        sigpic

Comment

Here’’s a 1969 Boss 429 coming up for sale at auction in May:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...g/2241979.html
                          Last edited by Mark_B; 15-03-2019, 07:12 PM.
                          Mark
                          1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
                          1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Comment

If you can't wait for that, there's another Boss 429 for sale at auction tomorrow (Saturday). Lot S80.1.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0319-37...-429-fastback/

Mark
                            1969 Mustang Mach 1 M code
                            1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Comment

Hi Martin, I know you are to late for this one that was advertised for sale in Dunfermline Scotland, I did enquire about it and i think the price was 4250 gbp or thereabouts, however having 4 kids and a mortgage and earning about 35 gbp per week it was to expensive but i wish i had bought it now.

Norm.

p.s just wondered if this could be 100 BUS

Comment

Working...
                              X