Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services

Thread: Hello! and a question please - expectant owner here in Bristol

Real Name
    Phil

Hello! and a question please - expectant owner here in Bristol

Hi All.

Due to get a Mustang in latter May - I simply cannot wait.

Trust Ford tell me that I am picking up one of the last (new) pre-2018's in the country - there were only two left in their chain across the whole of England when I put down my deposit. Little more than two weeks before then, there had been quite a few but it seems as if the 0% finance deal saw them shift very quickly. So whereas my choice would have been a manual (I have never owned an automatic), in 'grabber blue' I have had to settle for an automatic in shadow black. I have so fallen for the look of the car, I am happy enough to make that trade - off. But I have a question below (which I might repeat in the General forum if not many of you lot look in on the newbies).

At this point I will confess/state that whereas I was convinced by my wife that I couldn't wait/afford the new 2018 model (the dealership helped enforce that perspective), and that given this deal is considerably cheaper than my second choice of swapping in my focus ST for an RS, I don't see my choosing an Ecoboost over a GT as a compromise at all, as it's a straight up preference. The GT is an amazing car for sure, but I can't afford two cars, and I use my one car as a daily commute through very congested streets - the 2.3 will be expensive enough on fuel with the usage I will give it, plus given just how incredibly nimble I have found the Focus ST (a really great drive and probably underrated by some), I think I might struggle with the leap to the GT.....but never say never.

Back to my question: I have done tons of online searching and probably watched nearly every Mustang vid on YouTube - leaving aside the banal comments about Ecoboost not being worthy of the name (blah blah blah), it seems as if there is as much polarity of views on the respective performances of the manual and auto Ecb 2.3. If there are any members who have genuine first hand experience of both cars (fastback, not convertible) I would be really interested in views on which is faster (I have already had to accept that the auto cannot be quite as engaging, I can't imagine otherwise....as I say, I have been somewhat forced down the auto route otherwise I would not have been in the position of being able to get a new Mustang).

Cheers
    Phil

Real Name
    Mark
    Mocgb No
    Are you asking if the 2.3 Auto is as fast as the 2.3 Manual ?
    Does it matter or do you plan on racing it ?

I think you will struggle to get a definitive answer. From reading between the lines, it sounds like you are having second thoughts about compromising on colour and gearbox.

I saw the deals at Trust Ford also, and have just had our 3rd new Ford from Trust Ford delivered last week. The customer experience was awful, with lots of lies told by then Salesman and Sales Manager. Will never buy from them again. Our prevoius new car car buying experience from Trust Ford was equally awful.
    Webmaster - Mustang Owners Club of Great Britain.
    1994 - Indy Pace Car 938/1000
    1995 - Cobra R 61/250

Real Name
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
    Are you asking if the 2.3 Auto is as fast as the 2.3 Manual ?
    Does it matter or do you plan on racing it ?

I think you will struggle to get a definitive answer. From reading between the lines, it sounds like you are having second thoughts about compromising on colour and gearbox.

I saw the deals at Trust Ford also, and have just had our 3rd new Ford from Trust Ford delivered last week. The customer experience was awful, with lots of lies told by then Salesman and Sales Manager. Will never buy from them again. Our prevoius new car car buying experience from Trust Ford was equally awful.

Thanks, yes, that's the question. I have never taken a car to a track but I like a 'spirited drive' and have had lots of fun in the ST....(always legal of course), if the auto does't match the sense of eagerness and power of the ST (I would be surprised if that was the case with 2.3 manual), then that will be more disappointing to me than not having first choice of colour. I can live with the prospect of a black Mustang for sure.

I got the ST from TrustFord in Bristol and have had it serviced there, and always found them to be fine/helpful to be fair. Not that I have had any issues with the car so never had reason to test them I guess. Shame to hear that others' experience has been different.

Real Name
    Lee
    Mocgb No
    It does sound like you're in two minds on this car... which is a shame as a Mustang is a Mustang - you sint have to justify yur decisions to anyone, especially on an Owners Forum! Drive it and see how you feel before signing for it I would habe said.

It's a lot of money to gamble with.

Lee

Mocgb No
    You may of been lead up the garden path ..so to speak..

If they cant offer you what you really like then walk away !
    I was on the net and the phone for 2 days, before i bought mine,..

Was told `you wont get a discount off a Mustang` blah blah blah.. No grabber Blues left ..Yawn

Then discovered CarWow..and had a play with that.. The next day spoke with Tara Smith @ Sandicliffe Ford in Leics
    They had a Grabber Blue GT in Auto too.. and i saved over 2k.. Just saying

#They are the biggest Ford Store in the country and Tara was very responsive and helpful. More than i can truly say about the rest
    of the dealerships tbh ! Give her a call..

Easy decision for me..
    Grabber Blue is a` stand out `Ford Mustang colour with heritage
    For me ,,imo. a Mustang HAS to be a V8.. You cant imitate that sound..
    The Auto box is the fastest car, responsive and a dream to drive. If you feel lazy or around town its a doddle
    If you want a spirited drive..then Sport+ mode is amazing..
    The blip on the throttle when it chnages down makes you smile every time too...

For me personally..and i have had 9 cars in as many years..I am `lovin it` The looks, the sound, and maintenance free
    Of course i cant leave it alone, and have already added some tasteful mods..

Get yourself up to Donington this weekend and come and say hi.. 300+ Mustangs will be there. That will help you
    make yr mind up i reckon....and make your OWN mind up..dont follow here say, if that makes sense ..
    So Solar Custom Products e; tew595@sky.com
    Contact Peter 07906 712 466

S550GT Grabber Blue 2018 Auto...
    1950 Shoebox Custom Hot Rod
    1967 Camaro SS 350
    1967 Mustang Fastback 302
    1957 Chevy 3100 Stepside
    1934 Ford Hotrod 5 window
    2005 Ford Mustang GT
    Dax Cobra 350ci ..Self Built..
    Oh...and a Porsche Boxster 3.2S
    Lotus Elise S2 `R`Touring