Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services

Thread: New member from Chesterfield

Real Name
    Chris

New member from Chesterfield

Hi, thought I'd join up in anticipation of collecting my first mustang in the next couple of weeks.

It's a 2017 model, race red convertible Auto shadow edition. As with many others I was lured in with the great deals to shift the existing "older" stock.

I know the auto box isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I find myself getting lazy as I get older. I also put a deposit on the upcoming Bullitt edition at the same time. Manual all the way on that.

Not had a convertible car for a while and the recent spell of good weather and my little boy getting excited about a convertible z4 he saw I thought I'd get something for the summer.

I've also been hanging my nose over a few "eleanors" for a few years now. Yes they are cliche and only really famous for the daft Nicholas cage film, but it's an itch I want to scratch none the less. I'm hoping that there are a few experienced owners of the older models here that may be able to point me in the direction of a good one, or tell me what to look out for when buying one. I'll probably put that off until next spring/summer now, unless the right car pops up in the meanwhile.

I'll be sure to post pics when the car arrives.

Chris.

Mocgb No
    Welcome Chris....

Dont knock the Auto until you drive one.. Its THE way to go. !

The Manual is still a bit of a notchy box, and needs a mod to the clutch, something i hoped they would of improved a lot better from my old S197

Auto is a much faster car too, and will get you out of trouble if you drive like a loony like me

Coming from mostly manual cars..(and i have had a few).. after 5 months of owning mine i wouldnt have it any other way
    and so pleased i chose auto.. You will love it..

Now get yourself along to American Speedfest in a few weeks time and come and say Hi..

Sent you a pm Peter
    So Solar Custom Products e; tew595@sky.com
    Contact Peter 07906 712 466

S550GT Grabber Blue 2018 Auto...
    1950 Shoebox Custom Hot Rod
    1967 Camaro SS 350
    1967 Mustang Fastback 302
    1957 Chevy 3100 Stepside
    1934 Ford Hotrod 5 window
    2005 Ford Mustang GT
    Dax Cobra 350ci ..Self Built..
    Oh...and a Porsche Boxster 3.2S
    Lotus Elise S2 `R`Touring
    Ford Sierra Cosworth 4x4

Real Name
    Lee
    Mocgb No
    Welcome to the Forum Chris, sounds like a great car.

I too love the Eleanor cars so you're not alone

Lee

Real Name
    Chris

Thanks for the welcome. I ordered before having sat in or heard one. Never mind driven. It was a bit of an impulse much to the wife's amusement (or not, I can't tell).

I've only got rid of my previous toy car (RS6) a few weeks ago, with the intent of not bothering with a toy car for a couple of years. That didn't last. Lol.

I shall certainly try to get to meets or events, but that shall depend on whether it fits with the my two young children and of course whether the wife trusts me enough not to come away having bought the Eleanor

Real Name
    Pete

Hi Redball
    Odley my last quick car was 04 plate RS 6
    Not sure yours
    Didnít like couldnít really get V8 sound from it due to turbos
    Hope to pick up my 6 speed 18 next week
    For me auto is no go donít feel Iím driving the car
    I wanna feel the car, play the V8 as I choose the change gear
    But each to their own

Enjoy the car 6 speed or auto they are great cars

Real Name
    Chris

My RS6 was a 15 plate. The sports exhaust gave it a nice noise. I had it as a "toy" that I could also use to take the kids to nursery and school, though I rarely did. I sold it a couple of months ago at 3 years old with lessthan 9k on the clock. Before that the pre children toy cars were two seaters, 350Z and an F430.

I know what you mean about "driving" the car, the 350Z was manual, and the F430 an automated manual clutch. The RS6 was the 8 speed ZF auto box - which for an automatic I found very capable, you didnt get the head bang of the automated manual, nor the tired clutch leg of the proper manual.

My purpose for the Mustang is for lazy summer cruising type of driving, kids and wife on board having a trip out somewhere. So went with the auto as the lazy driving option. The Bullitt coupe I want as a bit more of a sports drive, so will look forward to the manual in that. and if I ever do find the right Eleanor - Id like that a manual too.

Real Name
    Pete

Wow youíve had some decent motors

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 500PLUS View Post
    Wow youíve had some decent motors
    Thanks. I started my mid life crisis aged 32 and it shows no sign of stopping yet. 40 this year and then I reckon it will really kick into gear.

Congrats...nice car list
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Real Name
    Stew

Hi and welcome to the forum Chris..

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Chris

If you are interested in meeting some fellow enthusiasts then we have a meeting on the 2nd Saturday of the month from 10:00 to 13:00 at The Waterwheel Tearoom, Barn Hill Farm, Howden, Goole DN14 7JP.

There are a few people attend from the Chesterfield area and the last couple of months have had a cruise over from Woodall services.

Cheers, Peter
    Peter

Real Name
    Chris

Just realised I never did get round to posting a picture after the car finally arrived. Soooo glad it arrived for the great weather we are having. My kids love driving around with the roof down at any opportunity. I'm thoroughly enjoying this Mid life crisis MK2

Attached Images Attached Images