Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services

Thread: Hello Guys

Real Name
    steve

Hello Guys

Hi I have just joined the club and am looking to buy a convertible or coupe 64-69

just sold my cobra kit car and looking to buy and drive the mustang to Spain in about 6 weeks time when we move to our new home!!

I am going to see 2 tomorrow from M&M Automotive in Lymington Hants they seem to have a mixed review with some people saying there good to deal with and others saying they are cowboys after a quick buck any first hand experience on here?

I know my way round cars in general and will check out for body damage, repairs and check underneath etc

Any specifics to check on when I go please? ones a coupe and ones a convertible?

https://www.mandmautomotive.co.uk/us.../aetv13706412/

https://www.mandmautomotive.co.uk/us.../aetv34134547/

thanks for any replies

Steve

Real Name
    steve

should have said max budget 25k

Steve

Mocgb No
    Hi Steve

I bought a Mustang in 2009 and a week later drove it to Spain for 3 weeks so i feel ya.

Having said that it was brand new !

Your a brave man in a classic, not because its not practical but you would be driving it over along run into high temperatures and with only a few days ownership you dont know if anything could fail like a hose, still i admire your spirit

maybe take some spare hoses and tools

ian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Get your hands off!

2013 Boss 302 SBY Laguna Seca

Previous

2013 Boss 302 SBY
    2013 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Deep Impact Blue
    2011 5.0V8 GT Premium, Electronic pack, 3.73 diff, Manual, Brembo package, Candy Apple red
    2010 4.6V8 GT Premium Black

Real Name
    steve

thanks

when i get one, its going to get a through going over on the electrical/mechanical side I finish work next week and will have some time to order new parts or change stuff like disk brakes conversion new rad electronic ignition maybe

steve

Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by big red one View Post
    Hi Steve

I bought a Mustang in 2009 and a week later drove it to Spain for 3 weeks so i feel ya.

Your a brave man in a classic, not because its not practical but you would be driving it over along run into high temperatures and with only a few days ownership you dont know if anything could fail like a hose, still i admire your spirit

ian
    EXACTLY what Ian said.. There is no way on earth i would drive an unknown and tried classic on a run of that distance..You are asking for a world of pain! After a year of ownership...then maybe..
    S550GT Grabber Blue 2018 Auto...
    1950 Shoebox Custom Hot Rod
    1967 Camaro SS 350
    1967 Mustang Fastback 302
    1957 Chevy 3100 Stepside
    1934 Ford Hotrod 5 window
    2005 Ford Mustang GT
    Dax Cobra 350ci ..Self Built..
    Oh...and a Porsche Boxster 3.2S
    Lotus Elise S2 `R`Touring
    Ford Sierra Cosworth 4x4

MOCGB Paid Member Midland Mustangs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Matthew
    Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_h View Post
    Hi I have just joined the club and am looking to buy a convertible or coupe 64-69

just sold my cobra kit car and looking to buy and drive the mustang to Spain in about 6 weeks time when we move to our new home!!

I am going to see 2 tomorrow from M&M Automotive in Lymington Hants they seem to have a mixed review with some people saying there good to deal with and others saying they are cowboys after a quick buck any first hand experience on here?

I know my way round cars in general and will check out for body damage, repairs and check underneath etc

Any specifics to check on when I go please? ones a coupe and ones a convertible?

https://www.mandmautomotive.co.uk/us.../aetv13706412/

https://www.mandmautomotive.co.uk/us.../aetv34134547/

thanks for any replies

Steve
    Hi Steve welcome to the forum.

Lots of great advice here.

Thoroughly inspect the floors from underneath the car in particular the front floorpans where the floors meet the toe board. Also the cowl area check from underneath the dashboard. Look up through the heater box door to the cowl vent collar. A torch useful for this.
    Check for poor body work repairs and filler.

Start here then move on to cosmetics.

Cheers Matthew.
    Midland Mustangs LTD
    Sourcing and Sales of 1960s Classic Mustang Coupes
    www.midland-mustangs.co.uk

You should be able to get a decent coupe at your budget

A good convertible you my struggle. It it seriously important to verify body integrity on a convertible as it has no roof

I've just sold 2 convertibles, both before shipping even commensed, for considerably more than 25k

I just bought a stunning 67 convertible which has not even been collected from the seller and that will be in the 30s

I also have another, a 68, being painted in Miami

Cheers Peter
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Real Name
    Lee
    Mocgb No
    Good luck with the search Steve, loads of great advice here and plenty of people who can point you in the direction of some good motors.

Lee

Real Name
    Chris
    Bexhill-on-Sea, Birthplace of British Motor Racing

Quote Originally Posted by snap on pete View Post
    EXACTLY what Ian said.. There is no way on earth i would drive an unknown and tried classic on a run of that distance..You are asking for a world of pain! After a year of ownership...then maybe..
    I had my '67 fastback a week and took it Le Mans and back circa 1000miles in a week and never missed a beat, lifes for loving, give it a go, just keep tools and some minor spares.

Good luck with your search.

Chris

Mind if I adjust your shift stick?

Real Name
    Simon

My plan is to do the exact same thing with hopefully a new (old) car in the next few weeks. In my case, a mere 650 mile drive to my house in the Dordogne. Not sure I see the problem to be honest, if suitably equipped and prepared with full European breakdown cover in place.

Real Name
    Keith palmer

M and m

Please do not buy from these people I bought a 66 coupe from them just imported by them and MOTD on inspection found to be in dangerous condition when this was pointed out to them tried every trick in the book to get out of their responsibility God knows what crap there selling now an mot is not needed.

Real Name
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by big red one View Post
    Hi Steve

ian
    always like a challenge

thanks

Real Name
    steve

Thanks for all the comments

yes it is a bit of a risk, I plan on doing maybe 1000 miles in the uk before we go and will take loads of repair bits and pieces as well as all inclusive breakdown cover

ok went and checked out a few at M&M today

the auto looked like it had some front end damage to the inner wings they were wavy as hell, looked like it had been pulled out and the body was not as i would have liked, no vin showing on the inner wing

the red coupe was not bad but the fit and finish on the panels was poor doors dropped one not closing on the latch

saw another 4 and liked one i have put on a separate thread for your comments

Steve