Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ordered 2.3 2019 model year

  1. #1
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Real Name
    Gareth

    Posts
    5

    Thumbs up Ordered 2.3 2019 model year

    Hi Everyone,

    This is my first post to let you guys know of my experience ordering the car, specifications etc.

    I ordered through Coast to Coast cars online and spoke with Gordon who was very helpful but I could not actually place a deposit because the 2018 orders had stopped and they were awaiting the 2019 order book to open.

    Finally the books opened on the 5th June and I placed my order for a 2.3 Auto, Black, Magneride suspension, Active exhaust, Custom pack 2, ceramic seats.....or so I thought!

    Ford contacted me from Nottingham to say I cant have the ceramic seats and custom pack 2 because they are not compatible in the ordering system. So I had to decide if I wanted the custom pack 2 with a leather finish in the interior or order the options separate (£200) cheaper and have the ceramic seats but no leather finish in the interior.

    I rang back and decided to have the finish in the car rather than the ceramic seats, only to be told by ford the order was "committed and couldn't be changed" even though I was told I could ring back and decide as the order would not have been processed yet.

    So in the end I am having the options separate and ceramic seats and saving £200 but without the leather finish inside. Don't get me wrong it will be lovely regardless but it has not been the most straight forward process as I wanted the Royal Crimson colour originally but that was on the 2018 cars that were cancelled so I couldn't have that.

    Also just letting everyone one that the cars have gone up £600 and the discount Coast to Coast cars were offering has dropped from 8% to 3%. I am pleased with the price for the car and options as I have got it under the 40k mark which means paying £140 a year tax.

    I am so pleased to be able to say the car is ordered and I am really looking forward to it but the ordering process has taken a bit of the shine off and I wanted to let people know who are thinking of ordering the potential stumbling blocks, I experienced regarding choosing packs/options as this is not explained in the brochure/price list.

    I live in the Amesbury area of Wiltshire and when the cars lands I would love to meet and discuss all things Stang related and of course I will post pics as soon as possible. The 5.0 of course would have been the obvious choice but because of my budget/wife etc I went for the 2.3. It will be used as my daily driver and regardless I am sure it will be a great car. I cant wait. All the best.

    Gareth

  2. #2
    MOCGB Paid Member LJBrowny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Real Name
    Lee
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Mocgb No
    2937
    Posts
    2,327
    Gareth, welcome to the Forum!

    We've all got our reasons going for different engines and spec but ultimately it's down to your money and your choice so don't worry about justifying it to us you've brought a Mustang! Great purchase all round and enjoy the wait.

    Lee

  3. #3
    Guest Reddevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Real Name
    Paul
    Location
    Manchester

    Posts
    26
    I don't think you've done bad. I ordered my Orange Fury 5.0 in April and I have to wait until September 8th for delivery. So if you ordered yours on 5th June and delivery date is 1st September that's really good. Mine is also the 2019 model so don't know why they told you that you had to wait until 5th June to order it!!
    Last edited by Reddevil; 27-06-2018 at 06:16 AM.

  4. #4
    Guest Pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Real Name
    Brad
    Location
    Ware

    Posts
    117
    Hi congrats on car mate
    Be aware it doesn't matter what price you paid for the car with a discount its the official price ford publish that dvla decide on tax rates .
    I have fallen fowl of this myself car ordered and built on the sept to april price list from dealer paid the list price which was under 40 but because ford did a price increase in may and put the full list price to over 40 k
    and my car was delivered and registered end of may even tho I paid less than 40 k dvla applied the new price list for tax.
    don't be shocked like I was when the renewal comes in lol
    Enjoy the car tho mate .
    Brad

  5. #5
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Real Name
    Gareth

    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Hi congrats on car mate
    Be aware it doesn't matter what price you paid for the car with a discount its the official price ford publish that dvla decide on tax rates .
    I have fallen fowl of this myself car ordered and built on the sept to april price list from dealer paid the list price which was under 40 but because ford did a price increase in may and put the full list price to over 40 k
    and my car was delivered and registered end of may even tho I paid less than 40 k dvla applied the new price list for tax.
    don't be shocked like I was when the renewal comes in lol
    Enjoy the car tho mate .
    Brad
    Hi Brad,

    Thanks for your reply - Yes since my original post I have now established that although the car is under 40k with discount - I will be stung with 450 tax a year! If I would have had the car as is without the auto box or magneride etc then I would have got it with the cheaper tax but the options took it over.

    The whole tax system is one big con! I begrudge paying more money to the government. Is yours the Ecoboost then? How is the car? This tax thing has certainly taken the shine off a bit. Not sure if I should tell the wife I need to find another 310 a year for tax.

    Cheers

    Gareth

  6. #6
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Real Name
    Gareth

    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by LJBrowny View Post
    Gareth, welcome to the Forum!

    We've all got our reasons going for different engines and spec but ultimately it's down to your money and your choice so don't worry about justifying it to us you've brought a Mustang! Great purchase all round and enjoy the wait.

    Lee
    Hi Lee,

    Cheers! Once I have the car I will post with pis!

    All the best

    Gareth

  7. #7
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Real Name
    Gareth

    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I don't think you've done bad. I ordered my Orange Fury 5.0 in April and I have to wait until September 8th for delivery. So if you ordered yours on 5th June and delivery date is 1st September that's really good. Mine is also the 2019 model so don't know why they told you that you had to wait until 5th June to order it!!
    Hello Reddevil,

    I have been told October for potential delivery. Car going in production 31st July estimated. For some reason the order books were closed up until the 5th June....I tried but Ford in Nottingham couldn't order.

    To be honest I hear different things all the time...I reckon they make it up as they go along

    Cheers

    P.S - Orange will be lovely

  8. #8
    Guest steve.c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006

    Location
    warminster,wiltshire

    Posts
    2,079
    Hi Gareth
    Warminster here so just down the road!
    http://www.mocgb.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1295_1.gif
    objects in the mirror are...LOSING!

    I miss the 80's but you don't see me snorting coke of a DeLorean do you!

  9. #9
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Real Name
    Gareth

    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Hi Gareth
    Warminster here so just down the road!
    Brilliant, I will defo be in touch once I have my stang! What model do you drive?

    Gareth

  10. #10
    Guest steve.c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006

    Location
    warminster,wiltshire

    Posts
    2,079
    Quote Originally Posted by AmesburyGas View Post
    Brilliant, I will defo be in touch once I have my stang! What model do you drive?

    Gareth
    '06 Saleen supercharged
    https://ibb.co/cOJewd
    http://www.mocgb.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1295_1.gif
    objects in the mirror are...LOSING!

    I miss the 80's but you don't see me snorting coke of a DeLorean do you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •