Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services

Thread: Newbie Advice Needed

Real Name
    Ben

Newbie Advice Needed

Hi everyone,
    I'm mulling over a first 60s Mustang purchase and could do with some advice. Although I'm based in the UK, I'm currently in North America and have been offered this 67 Coupe and I'm wondering about shipping it home. I'm aware it's not an original V8 but could anyone help me out with some questions? I've copied the pics and details I have so far below.

1. Is there anything from the description or photos that you think I should be looking at, asking about? Is there anything that jumps out of interest or concern?
    2. From the very brief description and photos can anyone give a really rough UK value?

Thanks!

1967 Mustage Coupe

Chassis 7R01T143154
    Mileage 47000miles

Link to photos
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8c3e0pl9n...C0FHZz0va?dl=0

This 1967 Ford Mustang Coupe was manufactured at the San Jose, California Ford plant and acquired about seven years ago. It is finished in a non-original metallic blue with white striping and features a black vinyl interior in addition to 17″ American Racing wheels. The car was originally a T-Code example powered by a 200ci inline-six, though a 289ci V8 has been installed and is backed by a 4-speed manual transmission. Front disc brakes have also been added along with an aftermarket radio and speakers. A recent inspection and service report is included in the sale, and the car is now offered with a clean British Columbia title in the seller's name.
    In April of 2018, a new idler arm, new clutch pedal support, actuator rod, clutch rod bushing, brake light switch, and power steering repair - approximately $2,700 was spent, and a Service Receipt and Inspection Report was done and is available.
    Period service manuals are included in the sale along with a new matching passenger-side mirror, an additional set of two new mirrors, two side chrome seat trim pieces, a set of jumper cables, original steering wheel, and various rubber mouldings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bchase; 29-07-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Real Name
    Barney
    Mocgb No
    -
    My gut tells me that's a paint job and some wheels, but then you've not told us how much it is..?

Biggest red flag is the passenger inner wing, but then there's plenty of other things in the pics that shout potential rust issues, lack of detail (and care), etc.

Price is wholly dependent upon condition, so hard to say.
    Barney

...1966 Mustang slowly but surely becoming a Trans-Am tribute

1966 Mustang Trans-Am
    1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
    1987 VW Golf Mk1 Cabriolet

Well your in luck..this is what bring a trailer thought it was worth

This sites buyers consistently overpays for nice cars and punishes cars that don't meet the grade

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-ford-mustang-21/
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Real Name
    Lee
    Mocgb No
    Welcome to the Forum Ben, good luck with the search.

Lee

Real Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by pmustang View Post
    Well your in luck..this is what bring a trailer thought it was worth

This sites buyers consistently overpays for nice cars and punishes cars that don't meet the grade

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-ford-mustang-21/
    Thanks, that seems remarkably cheap for a fairly up together car or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Bchase View Post
    Thanks, that seems remarkably cheap for a fairly up together car or am I missing something?
    It didn't meet reserve so that's not the price. More importantly, on a site that consistently garners higher prices than the norm for cars this car was only bid to a low figure.
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Real Name
    Barney
    Mocgb No
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Bchase View Post
    To be blunt it looks like a polished turd.

What's it advertised for now..?
    Barney

...1966 Mustang slowly but surely becoming a Trans-Am tribute

1966 Mustang Trans-Am
    1962 Chevy C-20 Fleetside
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTi track toy
    1987 VW Golf Mk1 Cabriolet

Real Name
    Chris
    Mocgb No
    What's it like properly from underneath? that will tell you what its like !

There are some shiny new bolts from what I can see and evidence of rust. And liquid welding sorry underseal
    Last edited by yanktankmad; 30-07-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    Classic pre 75 Ford and Chevy addict who Works in Software industry & also part owner of a small LTD Shop that imports Cool / custom pre 1970 American Cars / Trucks https://www.horsepwrkustoms.com

Real Name
    Mick

T code convertible change to c code

Any comments appreciated. I have been looking at a 65 convertible which has had extensive work and to be fair looks like may of even have new shell as no rust anywhere, Whilst I want this to enjoy is the fact that it was originally a 6 cylinder a big no from a price/ investment perspective.

Also it has larger radiator but apparently still needs additional cooling is fitting an electric fan best option.

Real Name
    Chris
    Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by mps1 View Post
    Any comments appreciated. I have been looking at a 65 convertible which has had extensive work and to be fair looks like may of even have new shell as no rust anywhere, Whilst I want this to enjoy is the fact that it was originally a 6 cylinder a big no from a price/ investment perspective.

Also it has larger radiator but apparently still needs additional cooling is fitting an electric fan best option.
    I'd check that car for a tick on the rear left bank and see if white smoke comes out as could be the thermostat
    Classic pre 75 Ford and Chevy addict who Works in Software industry & also part owner of a small LTD Shop that imports Cool / custom pre 1970 American Cars / Trucks https://www.horsepwrkustoms.com

Real Name
    Ade
    Mocgb No
    From the photos I think you'll be spending more than a few thousand to get that to an acceptable standard.

I think 66 coop hit the nail squarely on the head.
    Last edited by P-51; 01-08-2018 at 12:04 PM.

2011 3.7 V6 Premium Convertible
    1965 289 V8 Coupe

Mustangs are not just horses.......

Real Name
    Ben

Ok thanks all I'll give that a miss then!

Real Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by 66coop View Post
    To be blunt it looks like a polished turd.

What's it advertised for now..?
    About 10k plus a couple of grand to get it back to the UK