Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At last it's here!!!

Mocgb No
    Sorry I don't know, I'm usually a little disappointed when I see my MPG so I try not to look! Saying that on the last long trip I did it worked out to be abut 27mpg which I thought was rather good (S197 rather than a S550).

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Real Name
    Wayne

Hi Paul , what is your current display showing you ? ..... there are around 5 - 6 variants of 'current' or 'live' data you can have depending on what you want to actually view . I have mine set up with current MPG , distance travelled since last 're set' , distance remaining in fuel tank , time driven since last 're set' usual kind of stuff ..... but if you use the up and down arrows you can toggle through the other options ....tyre pressures , lateral 'G' , blank screen , MPG on a sliding scale from 0 - 40 (never hit 40 yet :-) ) , total time driven , average MPG discarding re sets ......like I say , just toggle through using the up and down arrows (you don't have to be in a particular driving mode or sub menu to do this either) ......hope this helps .... cheers

Real Name
    Paul

Cheers,have sorted it now. I'm currently doing 18mpg. I'm sure it'll get better as I ease off with my right foot lol. I still can't get over the sound, every time I start up it's like thunder. I just love it,it's so addictive. Just on my way out with the wife for a little cruise around the back lanes of Cheshire. 😁😁😁

Real Name
    Wayne

yes, your MPG will definitely get better , I managed to achieve > 30 mpg on a few decent motorway runs , it definitely does have the capability to get there (I think 40mpg on the sliding scale display is a bit optimistic though !!) ......yes they certainly do roar when they start up . Have you used the shift paddles with any menace yet ? (the kick down roar when you use them to assist in speed reduction is special too ;-) )........hope you enjoyed the jaunt around Cheshire

Real Name
    Brad

lol best I ever got was 38 mpg on a run from chesterfield to ware in herts and I must admit I turned it into a game lol just to see what the best it could do .
    usually does about 30 or 32 on the same run pretty average driving roughly keeping to the limits and the odd burst lol .
    I think mines average 25 from new
    have fun
    Brad

Real Name
    Lee
    Mocgb No
    Looks a lovely car mate, get photos

Lee
    Current Rides -

2005 GT Auto 4.6 V8 ROUSHcharged (Stage 3)

1965 C Code Coupe 289, all original