Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services

Thread: Newbie, on the verge of purchasing

Real Name
    Dale Feather

Newbie, on the verge of purchasing

Evening all, Dale here. New to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. So I've always wanted a mustang and the opportunity to get one is now in my hands.....

So I currently live in Canada (Based here for 2 years) I am due to return in July 2019 so I'm looking at getting one out here. They are readily available and from what I can work out, a lot less money.

Shipping one back won't cost me anything, I get to ship 2 cars back at no cost at the end of my time.

So to that end, I've researched as much as possible: I want a 1st generation in as good condition as possible.

I've narrowed it down to 2 which I will view Friday.

1. 1967 Ford mustang Coupe, original 289 2 barrel, all original with matching numbers. Minor work required (new radiator and minor rust on put wheel wells) 83,000km. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1373179512

2. 1971 Ford Mustang Fastback, original 351 cleavland, upgraded to 4 barrel. Everything else stock. Minor rust on put wheel wells again. 189,000km. Original paint.
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1375026342

Fingers crossed these are good, I've got the prices down to around the 6000 already. Seen them both running from videos etc. Both been owned by current owner for over 20 years.

Any advice or thoughts welcome!

Hope to talk more.

Real Name
    Chris
    Mocgb No
    Welcome ! 6 grand for a 67 coupe is cheap. I'll buy 10 !
    Classic pre 75 Ford and Chevy addict who Works in Software industry & also part owner of a small LTD Shop that imports Cool / custom pre 1970 American Cars / Trucks https://www.horsepwrkustoms.com

Real Name
    Lee
    Mocgb No
    For those prices I'd buy both!

Welcome btw

Lee

Forget the second one

Buy the first one
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Real Name
    Dale Feather

So I'm going to look at and hopefully purchase the 1st one (1967) on Friday.......

I will be on the look out for another so I can bring 2 back

So excited right now!

Mocgb No
    Good luck, hope it turns out to be a decent car.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Real Name
    Iain

Snap

All being well I should be picking up a 1967 289 2v coupe today!will be keeping an eye on your post so, your link didn't work so couldn't see your car. I hope I enjoy it as much a you are