Mustang insurance from Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services

Thread: Lekkie windows

Real Name
    mike altham

Lekkie windows

Hi,

I have a 67 coupe that came with a lekkie window conversion.

They go down really smoothly now I have had them out and cleaned them but they still do not have the beans to put the window back up.

Anyone else got this problem? is it a voltage thing or are they just knackered?

Thanks

My advice... Chuck em in the trash

Put back to stock, much easier.
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Real Name
    mike altham

Would like to do that apart from i cannot seem to find manual winder kits

Cheers

Real Name
    Dave
    Mocgb No
    Quote Originally Posted by freeder View Post
    Hi,

I have a 67 coupe that came with a lekkie window conversion.

They go down really smoothly now I have had them out and cleaned them but they still do not have the beans to put the window back up.

Anyone else got this problem? is it a voltage thing or are they just knackered?

Thanks
    I am not familiar specifically with the aftermarket regs, but you could try silicon spray on seals /glass edge and that rail on regultor are greased to reduce friction---FYI I am a development engineer for window regs with 20 yrs on arm type regulators. Motors should usually have a lifting force of 200 - 300N (glass load /friction would normally be < 100N.

Real Name
    mike altham

Issue is I have no weather stripping in or internal stripping.

Its literally just the glass and it still does not come up.

Anyone know where I could get a normal wind mechanism?

Thanks.

Real Name
    Phil K
    Mocgb No
    We've just fitted an electric window kit into a 66 Fastback. they run super smooth up and down. I'd suggest your runners need aligning correctly which will cause less friction. I'll post a video up if I manage to remember lol.

Phil

Classic American Restoration Services
    01992 890969..............07590 431511
    www.totalmustang.co.uk ... www.philsworkshop.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/classicamer...rationservices

Mocgb No
    No idea what your motor looks like but maybe you could strip it and lubricate its inner workings? That's what I did on my Focus and fixed the problem, give it a go as you have nothing to lose.

1966 Coupe: 1995-
    1966 Land Rover Series 2a: 2012-
    2005 Mustang GT 2014-
    2007 California Special Replica: 2010-2014

Mustangmaniac would have everything you need
    Please visit our Classic Mustang for sale site: www.classicamericancarsales.co.uk
    We stock a large selection of freshly imported Classic 1960s Mustangs. Fastbacks, Convertibles and Coupes. Cars are in stock in the Southeast of England with more shipping from the USA at all times. Other interesting American cars also stocked. CSRP disk brake setups sold

Real Name
    mike altham

Cheers guys. Everything has been out and renewed amd greased and its a bit better but not great. Think its just the motors are xxxxxxed. Rather go back to manual tbh. Will have another play aligning fore and aft and then the angle. Answer maybe new motors and regs.

Forum Admin / Moderator mike67fb's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mike
    Mocgb No
    If you go back to manual try and get originals.

I bought repro mechanisms for my 67 and they were seemingly made of such soft metal the threads stripped almost immediately.

Ended up having to use parts from the repro units to repair my originals but even then a couple of years ago they gave way so bought some originals from US breaker and have been good since!

'99 Bright Atlantic Blue Convertible (Stock) & '67 Acapulco Blue Fastback (393 Stroker)
    http://www.67mustang.co.uk

Mocgb No
    It sounds as if the motors could have gone a little weak. Before looking for complete window regs search the net for the motors you may be able to replace them quite cheaply. Also it might be possible to fit slightly stronger motors.
    Allan